How low can you go? With the Beta 52A, it’s pretty darn low. This microphone is specially designed for all kinds of bass, from kick drums to bass guitars. The Beta 52A will make your bass BOOM instead of getting lost in a low end swamp. The frequency response is 20Hz to 10kHz, and the mic is built to withstand the daily abuse of road work. Its supercardioid pattern aids isolation and it can handle up to 174dB SPL. For big bass sounds on stage or in the studio, the Beta 52A is the perfect choice.
Amazing Kick Stage Mic
The supercardioidcardioid pickup pattern limits interference from other on-stage sound sources and reduces feedback. The frequency response is perfectly tailored for bass instruments with a 20Hz to 10kHz frequency response and a presence boost at 4kHz to let electric basses and kick drums cut through the mix.
Great for Studio Work
In the studio, the Beta 52A excels on low-frequency sound sources. Supercardioid mics have a tendency toward increased proximity effect. Since the Beta 52A sports a supercardioid pickup pattern, positioning the mic closer to sound sources results in a bigger bottom-end response. This is great for tailoring the sound for the specific project.
Like all Shure mics, the Beta 52A is built like a tank, meaning that you can travel with it from gig to gig and rest assured that it will last. Shure mics are famous for their bulletproof construction, and the Beta 52 is no exception. Night after night, the Beta 52A will perform!
Dynamic Microphone The Shure Beta 52A is a dynamic microphone with high output power and a transmission range specially optimised for maximum bass drum punch and accommodating other low-frequency instruments.
It offers a very good response, excellent punch and delivers studio quality even at extreme volume. The superheterodyne characteristics of the Beta 52A ensure maximum isolation of the sound source and high feedback while considerably diminishing background noise.
The adjustable tripod adapter with integrated XLR connector simplifies the positioning of the microphone, especially when used inside the bass drum. At the same time the snap-in tripod adapter holds the Beta 52A securely in place even in hard shocks and strong vibrations. The basket made of hardened steel provides protection against the stresses of the rough stage.
- Optimized frequency response especially for bass drum kick and low-frequency instrument pickup
- High feedback with minimal background noise
- Portable stand adapter with integrated XLR connector for easy installation, especially in the bass drum
- Basket made of hardened steel protects against wear and damage
- Air-sprung vibration absorber protects against impact sound and vibrations
- Neodymium magnet for high output levels
- Low sensitivity against different connection impedances
- Transmission range: 20 – 10,000 Hz
- Maximum sound pressure: 174 dB SPL (up to 1 kHz, calculated)
- Output Impedance: 45 Ohm
- Noise Sensitivity: -64 dBV / Pa (0.63 mV)
- Weight: 605 g
- Tripod mount
- Including bag